Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Our new diningroom

The color we chose for our kitchen/diningroom is call 'Thyme Garden' and it's Debbie Travis color - i am a huge fan of Debbie Travis. The diningroom had wood wainscotting up half way and it made the room seem small - its not a huge room to begin with. We (as in Brenton and Gary) tore the wainscotting down and then Gary had a lot of repairs to do as the gyproc had never been finished. He did a great job and then I painted it. We painted the trim white and we are going to put up crown molding . I absolutely love the color and Gary likes it too, though he says "I liked it before too!" He's such a good sport - I think it up and he helps me make it happen! Now I need some new fabric for curtains - I think I'm going to make a roman shade - a trip to Halifax to find fabric!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

i think it looks great! i like debbie travis too :) i like roman shades.. they don't need a huge amount of fabric, and they are quick to sew :)

Frank Brown said...

Good job! No wonder you haven't blogged in a while.

John and Cathy Miller said...

I knew it would be worth the wait!

I must say that you are much braver than I am when it comes to paint colour. The bravery paid off. I tend to slap white on everything. Very safe 'cause I'm a decorating chicken, cluck, cluck! Oh, grouse! (Pay me no mind, just a little accidental humour...)

C