Friday, July 04, 2008

Cousin Alan

You are absolutely right, Tim. Alan used to come and visit when we lived in the little white house. His family was in Newfoundland, so he would come for supper and stuff. He was also out to the camp - he remembers rowing the Newfoundland dorey that Mom had shipped back from Newfoundland. Do you remember that? Anyway, here is a snapshot from the past - I think I'm about 16 here and Alan is about 18. I should have taken his picture this weekend, but he plans to come back, so I'll remember next time. The family connection is Alan's grandfather and my Grandfather Cox were brothers. Oh, another neat note - Alan's daughter Lisa put some pictures of their visit on Facebook and one of her best friends, Scott and Jenn in Calgary are Jason's roomates - imagine that! It is certainly a small world.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Good job B, it is a small world, I updated my blog too!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember that old dorey, we played in that old thing till it was so rotten it would not even float, then it was a fish and frog tank.
Mike

the messy minded fool said...

as i recall, even after it wouldn't float, we used paint and old comic books to fill the big cracks and got one last float out of her.