Saturday, August 23, 2008

Belated Happy Birthdays to Tim & Ellia!

Gary's brother Eddie is the manager of the Upper Clements Wildlife Park which is almost directly across the road from us. Eddie needed a beaver for their beaver exhibit and, as luck would have it, there is a colony of beavers just below the wildlife park. Eddie set out his catch alive trap and caught a beaver, then another beaver, and then this one - beaver #3! The beavers are having a blast in the beaver exhibit - delighting onlookers with their antics. He drove over in the mule to show us this guy.

The NBGBs were over for a swim yesterday. I couldn't get the camera to work for a swimming picture, but it did work for a snack picture. Aaron starts school on Sept. 3rd - it just seems like yesterday that he was born.


I can't believe summer is almost over - basically another week and the summer crowd will be gone - we are fully booked until Labor Day Monday right now - yup - looks like another 100% occupancy for August - yeah!! Something to look forward to as summer winds down - one more week until Jay comes home - I have officially started clearing the junk out of his room - hopefully I'll have it ready for Saturday.

4 comments:

the messy minded fool said...

mmmm yummy yummy beavers. pan fried beaver tail is a delicacy up here...I kid you not.

Frank Brown said...

We have an extra beaver or two around this area if any one wants to try beaver tail.

C said...

I've been to the Wild Life Park and I have some neat pictures! We have lots of beavers here but I never get the chance to see them up close...

Summer sure did blast by in a hurry this year..all I remember is rain, rain, rain and a little sun. Not to mention BUGS, which are still tormenting us. (Nippers, today...)

Anonymous said...

There were 4 beaver carcasses around my culvert at the camp, not sure what happened to them?? But I think it may happen to a few more this year.!!

mike