Friday, October 17, 2008

A new Fall project

I know it's been awhile - I think I did better this summer when we were really busy. Oh well, that's how it goes sometime. Anyway, we have started a new project and this is the "Before". The concrete outside of the office has been in rough shape since forever and about 2 years ago we did the Home Hardware stuff that made it look pretty good for awhile, but that has started to crack over the past winters so we decided to finally fix it properly - a huge job!
Some of the concrete out.
The tractor comes in really handy to drag the stuff away.
My big strong guy!

Wow - doesn't that look better! More pics to follow as the job progresses. We will be putting down slate tiles - perhaps in a herringbone pattern. I was helping yesterday with the 'tamping'. Needless to say, I am very sore today but impressed Gary with how long I was able to stick with it! That tamper thing is heavy! Brenton and I are off to Halifax tomorrow to visit the Nova Scotia College of Art & Design for portfolio day. More updates soon!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

can't wait to see the finished pics... i really love slate!!

Frank Brown said...

I could use that tractor. The next time you visit, drive her up.