Thursday, February 26, 2009

This one is for Michelle!

I know Michelle will appreciate this story. When we shop here at Sobeys, you are automatically entered in a bunch of contests. I never pay any attention to that since I never win. Well today I got a call from Sobeys in Greenwood and they said that I won (for using my Airmiles card) a 6 piece serving set. I thought it was pots and pans, and Gary thought perhaps it was a set of utencils - you know the soup ladle and egg flipper, etc. Since it was a Campbells soup contest, I thought he might be right. However, when I stopped in to pick them up - imagine my surprise when I saw a 6 pience Le Creuset set. Now, the only time I have ever heard of Le Creuset is when Michelle mentioned it on her blog and I looked them up - pretty fancy and expensive stuff! That box is so heavy I couldn't carry it to the car. I was so excited. I just looked this set up on the internet and it seems the value is between $600 and $700 US! Wow. Gary is excited thinking this is the first in a winning streak for me - start buying the lotto tickets!

Pretty neat, huh?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

damn! that's the little sauce pan i want!! i think you have my soup pot now too. i loooooooove it, i use it almost everyday. so worth the money.. i wish i could win it for free though....

so. freaking. jealous. right. now!!!

the messy minded fool said...

congrats! i think i'm going to start entering those contests too.
although good cooking utensils are wasted on me(they get all black from the fire)

C said...

The Pots may be RED, but I'm definitely GREEN with envy! Congrats!

I'd shop at Sobey's but they don't give Airmiles here in NB (but they used to)

The LCBO is about the only place that takes the Airmiles card. I'd have to drink ALOT to collect enough miles to go somewhere!

So what is the first thing you are going to cook in your new pots?

C said...

Margaret! You need to post pictures of the Babies! For those people who don't/refuse to use Facebook! Meaning Frank.