Monday, March 10, 2008

This Sunday's excursion . . .

For our Sunday excursion this week we went to visit our good friends, Tony & Paulette, to see their newly renovated kitchen. Their kitchen is gorgeous! Their daughter, Haila, made good use of the new kitchen and baked us some delicious peanut butter cookies - Yum!

Here Tony and dog Charlie pose for a photo. You might not recognize Tony without his tool belt - he helped Gary with the garage addition last fall.


Our our way home we took a detour to see why a local road was 'closed except for local traffic'. Humm, I wonder why? This sink hole is about 3 feet deep - wouldn't want to slip off the pavement here. We didn't get the snow that Ontario and northern New Brunswick got - we got heavey rain instead and this is just some of the damage caused by the rain - lots of flooding in fields, basements, and some roads.



4 comments:

Melinda and Timothy Brown said...

flooded basements? I remember those battles growing up.
we call that a pothole.

Frank Brown said...

We barely got any snow from that storm. We're supposed to get some today. I'm off to the airport to fetch my dog walker/wood stacher.

Frank Brown said...

I ment stacKer.

Melinda and Timothy Brown said...

ment?,you mean meant? maybe?
I guess I got the good spelling gene.