Sunday, May 18, 2008

More painting and decorating!

We decided to put down new flooring in the downstairs bathroom so here I am removing the baseboards and I took the old cushion floor up. Suppose to be a simple project. Rip up the cushion floor and put down some nice laminate. However, nothing is that simple. Once Gary had the toilet taken out a thought occurred to me . . . what a great time to paint the walls! and the vanity! So, here is the before . . .

Here is the after. We love the lamiate flooring - it looks so posh! I love the vanity painted white - makes the bathroom look brighter. Also, we had to get new hardware in polished nickel. I still have to paint the window and trim. Notice the cat window and 'step' for them to get in and out. That can be a little disconcerting - sitting on the toilet and a cat comes flying through the window!





Gary got this new basket thingy for his tractor - Aaron thinks it is just great for having a ride in!




5 comments:

Frank Brown said...

I'm glad that you found your white paint brush.

Jason said...

I can't wait to give that bathroom a closer inspection. Pepperoni plus Olands should take care of that!

Jason said...

Oh, and the blog is updated

General Time Reversible said...

Aunt Margaret,
Thank you for looking on my
blog.
LOVE
CALLIOPE

Frank Brown said...

Your overdue for another reno or update.